- Good Communication Skills
- Java/J2EE and Oracle/PLSQL and BO.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and multi-task (short delivery timescales; an evolutionary business with changing requirements and priorities; interaction with business users and other technology teams etc.).
- Strong ownership and commitment to quality. Willing to contribute and speak up with a view or opinion, and add value by questioning and probing where necessary to ensure a thorough and robust solution at each stage in the project lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task and manage personal workload.
- Commitment to the business users and self-motivation to take ownership of issues and initiatives.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, able to adapt delivery style and language to suit the audience. Able to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences, where necessary resolving conflict and complexity by delivering practical solutions
- Able to learn quickly and absorb large amounts of data. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work under pressure.
- Able to win respect by working with people at all levels across IT and within the business
- Proven Analytical capabilities on cross functional business applications, ability to think through the various components in the technology stack & recommend an optimum solution.
- Technically contributing to the system by taking ownership of technical aspects, implementing best practices, inputs to project planning and proactively improving system scalability, robustness, performance and flexibility.
- Contribute effectively to projects by preparing and getting agreement on designs and architecture, leading code reviews and participating in software development.
- Issue Management (including problem analysis and solutions design & delivery); Change Management; Test Management; Status Tracking & Reporting.
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting of status/progress to PM/TL, including escalation of issues and exceptions.
- Interaction with numerous business groups (GFS, Finance Change, GIS/IP, AM etc.) throughout the full project lifecycle, and with other IT teams as appropriate.
- Provide SME support to Vendor team to ensure quality of their deliverables
Current Affair's Books