- The role of the Staff Engineer is to develop software CSRs range of Bluetooth chips.
- This will include embedded software running on the on-chip processors and associated software running on a host processor. For the embedded software, this involves coding in C and assembly language within a resource constrained multi-processor environment.
- Host software is written in a high level language such as C/C++. In addition to this development of test system is required which makes use of scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- The Staff Engineer will be responsible for delivering the software with appropriate quality on a timescale agreed with the Staff Engineer/Manager. Should be able to work with minimal supervision and will needed to technically lead and mentor members of the team.
- Task definition and work breakdown including time estimation.
- Detailed architecture and design of complex areas including enhancing and adapting existing design to suit software requirements
- Develops and tests software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales.
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
- Delivery of high quality software in line with the departments processes.
- Conducts peer software reviews.
- Creates relevant documentation following the departments processes.
- Interacts with FAEs/Customers to help them resolve issues found in software.
- Excellent C programming skills with proven experience of writing efficient code for low powered and memory constrained systems.
- Excellent Bluetooth Protocol knowledge.
- In-depth embedded system knowledge with experience in design and development of profiles or protocol stack layers.
- Excellent problem solving ability with experience in diagnosing complex system issues. This should include very strong debugging techniques.
- Strong communication skills with ability to evaluate and create design documentation detailing complex features and relationships.
- Excellent understanding of software architecture including knowledge of reverse engineering.
- Effective team player.
- B.Tech/B.E. Computers, Electronics, Electrical, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Good understanding of Digital Signal Processing from the Audio perspective. Proven experience of configuring/debugging Audio Interfaces (PCM, I2S, SPDIF, ADC/DAC etc.).
- Prior experience of working on CSR chips and CSRs ADK/SDK environment is an added advantage. Capable of managing and allocating work for a small team.
- Commercial awareness understands the dynamics of the customer/client relationship. Experience with software configuration tools, preferably Perforce.
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk. Willing to travel to other CSR locations for knowledge transfer and project cooperation.
Current Affair's Books