- This team provide 24 X 7 operational support all Production, Development, DR & QA infrastructure.
- Primary responsibility of the team is to provide support to all standardized & predefined scope of infrastructure in all area taking into account business requirements, priorities, risks, synergies and technical / regulatory constraints –
Event/fault monitoring and remediation.
Incident & problem management.
User requests & issues management.
Change & vulnerability management.
All core database administration tasks.
Escalating cases with vendor.
Participate in testing & on-boarding new production/services.
- Members should be flexible to extend his day as per workload, if needed.
- This team is also responsible for planning, supporting and executing global and regional infrastructure projects.
- All the services have defined SLA and deliverables are measured against predefined KPIs.
- Team work as integral part of global DBServices team, collaborate & work hand-in-hand with regional DBAs around the globe.
- Good knowledge in production environment support in solaris and linux [ 24/7 ].
- Scope of DBA work [ JD ].
- Capable of performing Database Administration in Sybase ASE & Replication Servers tasks independently in Sybase ASE 11x,12.5x,15x,15.7x & Sybase Replication 12x,12.6x & 15.7x.
- Database Lifecycle Management - Database creation, setup & decommissioning, user/space management, upgrades, migrations, DB cloning.
- Database backup, restore & recovery using Sybase native methods, SQL Backtrack & Commvault.
- Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity, security and database corruption issues in a critical production environment.
- Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in Sybase using Sybase Replication.
- Troubleshooting ASE/Replication server.
- Familiar in Unix system administration relevant to Sybase database management.
- Operational knowledge in Sybase Replication, DCO, SRDF, DR solution & High Availability.
- Good scripting skills in UNIX shell/Perl environment.
- Experience in supporting multiple and large sybase databases environment.
- Knowledge in ITIL process.
Current Affair's Books