- Formulates relevant HR strategies and policies in order to build workforce capable of delivering tangible results for project implementation in line with the objectives defined under the Country Cooperation Strategy.
- Guides and monitors the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out all human resources administrative functions such as processing of contracts/agreements; reviewing the drafted correspondence; monitoring adherence to human resources policies and procedures and ensuring alignment with the WHO Rules and Regulations, HR manual and other administrative issuances at global and regional levels.
- Undertakes disciplinary cases and grievances with sensitivity; examines complicated cases and carries out fact-finding and other departments as needed, and formulates submissions and recommendations as required; assesses recommendations on extensions of contracts/ agreements, and make recommendations when non-renewal or termination of agreement has been recommended by the project.
- Undertakes preparation of technical correspondence, briefing material on substantive matters, prepares mandatory reports, statistical reports for the management with analysis and suitable recommendations as required; Support NPO (Human Resources) in preparing policy papers, and briefing notes on human resources issues.
- Coordinates selection process for assigned vacancies and /or restructuring exercises in the project and field operations; participates in the selection panels to provide support in the interpretation of the selection procedures and guidelines with a focus on WHO rules and regulations; manages surge and emergency recruitments for the projects/programme implementations.
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies regulations and rules for assigned projects/programmes; provides briefing on entitlements, clarifies issues, responds to queries; determines and recommends entitlements on the basis of contractual status; reviews policies and procedures and recommends changes as required; initiates correspondence with Regional Office on matters related to contractual modalities.
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the HR work plans, provides technical support for HR planning to ensure successful implementation and filling of the positions aligned with the priorities included in the Country Cooperation Strategy.
- Liaisons with inter-agency and intra-agency as and when appropriate to build strong partnerships. Prepares special reports and participates in special human resources projects.
- Leverages technology (HRIS) to ensure the effective delivery of human resource services in the changing environment, delegation and decentralization of its effective usage to the non-staffing personnel, empowering them for independent decision-making without circumventing existing policies and procedures.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
this link: http://www.whed.net/
Functional Skills And Knowledge
- The incumbent should identify with the core values of the World Health Organization.
- Very good ability in interpreting human resources policies and procedures and their application pertaining to all elements of human resources, analytical and negotiating skills. Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team atmosphere and liaise with the WHO team, as necessary. Practical knowledge of human resources and tools.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with in a team setting, to share information and data and make oral and written presentations on HR related matters. Understanding of the potential motivating factors within national context and ability to adjust to new approaches in an increasingly complex environment.
- Modern management skills (planning and evaluation, etc.). Capacity to prepare terms of reference and to prepare and monitor and manage the implementation of contractual agreements. Capacity to convey information and options in a structured and credible way; ability to speak and write clearly. Proficiency in computer applications and ability to draft reports.
- Knowledge of WHO/UN agencies policies, procedures and practices will be an advantage.