• Work closely with software development team to develop and execution of test of test plans.
• Reporting of defects and preparation of test reports.
• Need to demonstrate strong proficiency in two or more L2 networking protocols mapped to test domain.
• Securing the test domain and leading the test domain improvement activities.
• Experience in development of automated Test Cases/Suites using TCL and its maintenance.
2. Must have in depth knowledge of L2 switching architecture and protocols
Ethernet, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VALN, ARP, MAC
3. Must have strong understanding and working knowledge of either of these protocols or in multiple protocols DHCP, PPP, IGMP, LACP, 802.1x, QoS.
4. Should have experience in testing on any of the networking devices (Switch/router) in above protocols, setting up test topologies to verify protocol implementation, scaling limits or performance.
5. Experience working (manual and automation) with Access Equipment (DSLAM, GPON, Aggregators) or any networking product (Switches, Routers etc.)
6. Experience and very strong knowledge in Test Case Designing, Test Planning and various test methodology.
7. Should have good knowledge of SDLC/PDLC and bug/fault report life cycle.
8. Must possess outstanding problem solving skills in diagnosing and helping in resolution of customer issues.
9. Should have worked with traffic tools like Spirent, Ixia, Router tester etc for end to end traffic testing. (Preferably Spirent products).
10. Good oral and written communication skills.
11. Should be passionate about Testing.