Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
- This is a role for someone who has good understanding in UNIX and facilitating technologies. You will be part of a large UNIX team with a healthy mix of systems and software engineering skills and operating across the world. Our team is responsible for keeping significant part of Bank infrastructure running in a good shape. We expect you to possess DevOps mentality and help us to transform UNIX function to agile way of working.
- As a member of UNIX team you will also have access to our Engineering Cloud environment where you will be able to sharpen your skills on such technologies and products like Chef, OpenStack, OpenShift, Docker, AIX and most recent versions of RedHat, develop automations and various self-service tools that will help you in your daily activities or assist UNIX customers in their daily work. Team is obsessed with automation tooling and mind-set to change timeworn tools and ways of working!
- To work and resolve technical problems in Linux/AIXs and work on service Operations tasks(Incident, Change, Problem, Patching) in 24X7 rotation
- Liaise with other support teams to address the internal support team’s issues as well as share and adopt best practices being followed.
- Act as technical first point of contact internally and externally for break fix, incident, event, change and problem management.
- UNIX Support team member to proactively manage the Barclays estate
- Represent the UNIX support team at technical and management meetings as required.
- Promote the use of Technical Standards, Procedures and Best Practice and maximize the use of toolsets and automation.